Cable v7

Can you believe it…as mentioned, I ripped out v5 and decided that perhaps I needed a change.  So I switched from the gray yarn to the burgundy (thinking perhaps that would help).  For some reason, my casting on was really wonky so I ripped out several attempts (I didn’t count these as real versions).  Then I messed up again…ripped and started v7.  You’ll notice I don’t give up easily.  Well, imagine my surprise when I got the cable stitch and realized I had been doing it all wrong.  After slipping the stitches off and k2, I was to slip the purl stitches back to the left needle, purl those two, knit the two on the cable needle before continuing on with the pattern of p2.  It makes all the difference.  Go figure!

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under hat, stitches

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s