I tried to begin two new projects yesterday. A cute little purse by Rowan and a cable hat I found online. Neither is going anywhere at the moment. The purse has both cables and bobbles, neither have actually been used in a project, although I’ve tried cables before to practice. I found many videos online to help me understand the bobbles, but after many, many, many attempts at the bobbles, I concluded that the yarn I substituted was an incorrect weight. Back online I went to order some of the recommended Rowen yarn. Project status – on hold. I started on the hat, easy enough, five double pointed needles, ribbing stitch. Then came the increase. I never knew you could increase on the purl. Imagine that! Back to the computer I went looking for videos, but they were lacking at best. (there is one lady who does a good job, but she knits English and I don’t so it messes with my mind) I finally got that figured out, did a couple of rows and was having a devil of time keeping the yarn on my needles. Tried the cable, I’m not sure if it’s the pattern or myself that is confusing. But after several attempts at trying to understand and do, I again concluded that the yarn I had substituted was an incorrect weight, hence the problems. So I’m back at the computer today to do a bit more shopping. I think I’m paying way too much in shipping.